UPDATED – FRIDAY MARCH 30TH 2018 – Animal Shelter Inc. of Sterling’s ON-SITE VET CLINIC – is seeking 1-2 Full-time and/or Part-time motivated, compassionate, reliable Veterinary Technician and Tech Assistant
FOR THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION PLEASE CLICK HERE
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE HANDLING ANIMALS AND PRIOR VET TECH OR TECH ASSISTANT EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED – PREFERENCE FOR APPLICANTS WITH AT LEAST 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE.
CANDIDATES WITH SHELTER MEDICINE OR HIGH VOLUME SPAY/NEUTER CLINICS WOULD BE IDEAL
FOR CANDIDATES WE ARE CONSIDERING FOR THIS POSITION WE ARE SCHEDULING WORKING INTERVIEWS. This will give you a good idea of what the job entails and allows our clinic staff to see the skills and assets you can bring to our clinic team.
JOB DESCRIPTION (Includes not limited to):
• In this position you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients and providing compassionate care for pets in our clinic
• Assist with intake of public animals for surgery and recheck appointments including review of services to be provided that day
• Discharge of surgical patients including explaining post-operative instructions to clients
• Assist veterinarian with physical exams using proper restraint and handling of dogs and cats
• Prepare animals for surgery by performing IV/IM/SQ injections, intubating animals, and clipping/scrubbing surgical site
• Monitor surgical patient’s vital signs during surgical procedures
• Assist in recovery of animals after surgical procedures including extubating and monitoring temperature
• Transfer shelter animals to/from clinic to address medical needs
• Clean, maintain and sterilize surgical instruments and equipment
• Perform routine laboratory procedures and tests to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal’s health
• Administer vaccines/medications to hospitalized animals
• Provide specialized nursing care for injured or ill animals according to veterinarian treatment plan
• Aid in maintaining proper drug logs
• Assist in booking/rescheduling appointments by returning clinic phone calls and emails as needed
• Enter medical records into database and compile client invoices as needed
• Aid in hospital maintenance, stocking supplies, and adhering to clinic checklists
• Help to educate clients on all aspects of pet health, and ensure a safe and effective hospital environment
• Organize work area and exercise time management skills to maximize efficiency within the practice and prioritize tasks to maintain surgical flow
• Must be able to handle a wide variety of animals effectively and in a humane manner
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must complete a ninety (90) day orientation and training/probation period
• Must maintain a good attendance record – expected to be on-time
• MUST be able to maintain a positive attitude while working in a fast paced environment
PREFERENCE GIVEN FOR:
• An Associate’s degree or certification from an AVMA accredited college level in veterinary technology or Certified Veterinary Technician program
• Prior experiences with domestic animals working in a humane oganization or shelter setting
• Possess good computer skills
• A high level of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team player are absolutely required.
• Pre-exposure vaccine series
SUMMARY: This position is vital to our clinic operations and involves multiple aspects of animal care and communication with our adoption staff. A high level of professionalism and strong customer service skills are mandatory. Working in a small, busy environment with multiple doctors makes strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be a team player absolute requirements. This position has to be flexible in the duties and responsibilities to best fit the changing needs and mission of both the clinic and shelter. The ideal candidate performs different functions of the position under the supervision of the clinics head technician and staff veterinarian(s).
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND SALARY HISTORY TO :