Cat ANSWER TOOLS: When your cat starts doing something you don’t like—such as scratching the furniture or peeing outside the litter box—it’s easy to become frustrated. We can help you resolve most cat behavior issues by explaining why your cat may be acting that way and giving you the tools to correct the behavior. You’ll find out that most common behavior problems can be solved by making your cat feel safe, secure, and stimulated.
Common Cat ProblemsMy Cat Is Scared or Upset
1 week ago
The shelters pets are in desperate need of BLEACH AND LIQUID LAUNDRY DETERGENT (HE - HIGH ENERGY) - paper towels. Please consider donating much needed items from our Amazon wishlist a.co/6K8X0PB - they deliver fast and you don't even need to leave your house :)❤️🙏🐕 ... See MoreSee Less
Sterling Shelter Clinic shared Sterling Animal Shelter's post.
3 weeks ago
Pls read and sharePLS SHARE AND HELP US GET THIS HANDSOME HOUND A NEW HOME....
Hi my name is Bleu and sadly I was returned to the shelter due to my neighbor not liking my sexy hound dog bark. My owners work scheduled changed and is not able to work from home anymore. I was born and rescued in
Louisiana 2 years ago and brought to Sterling Animal Shelter through their rescue program. I would love a home where my owners have a lot of time and space for me. I would love to go for long walks or hikes and get lots of love and attention. I did live with another dog and might to well in a home with another dog. ... See MoreSee Less
MOLLI HAS BEEN ADOPTED TO A WONDERFUL FAMILY❤️🙏MOLLY HAS BEEN ADOPTED... thank you to the Demers Family for giving Molly a loving home for the rest of her life.... this is one sweet cat that deserves it ❤️❤️❤️ ... See MoreSee Less
Pls read Molly's story and share with othersMolly is a very sweet kitty looking for her last forever home. She was brought into the shelter as a stray where our vet found a mass in her abdomen. We had it sent out and biopsied, and the results came back as an aggressive form of mammary cancer. We believe she is about 8-9 years old and we are all just in love with her... she came in to our shelter in rough shape and super skinny and matted.... she has definitely gained weight and is looking much better. We simply can't put her to sleep because she looks so good and deserves to have a home for the rest of whats left of her life... we are hoping she will find a loving new home to live out the rest of her life.... If you know someone who can provide hospice care for this sweet girl please share. If you would like more info pls email us at email@example.com 🙏
we're also more than happy to waive her adoption fee, and have already done all of her medical care and updated all her vaccines and tests and she should be good to go so she's up to date on everything 🙂
We just want to give Molly a loving home for the time she has left... we'll update more info as we know.... just waiting to confirm some additional questions some of you have posted 🙂 - thanks for helping and sharing.... this girl really is a special cat... we just want her to find a lap to sit on and enjoy whatever time she has left...
Molly would need and like to be the queen of her new home and prefers not to have other pets steal her sunshine.... she should be fine with kids etc... but would like to live out her life in a quiet without sharing her person/s 🙂 ... See MoreSee Less
Sterling Shelter Clinic shared Massachusetts Animal Fund's video.
2 months ago
Sterling Shelter Clinic shared Mass. Coalition To End Puppy Mills's post.
2 months ago
please take a minute and help us put an end to this in OUR STATE.... we need to be the voice for those who don't have one 🙁 - AND PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS 🙏#TOGETHERWECANSAVELIVESYou say you want to do something about ending the cruelty of puppy mills? Perfect - keep reading because we need your help. Please reach out to your local Senator and ask for their support on this amendment. Not sure who your Senator is? Check here: malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator
Feel free to customize this template and post in the comments who you emailed!:
First & Last Name
City or Town
Hello Senator _____
I am a voter in your district and I am emailing to request support for an amendment to the Puppies and Kittens Bill that is being debated on Thursday, March 15. Please co-sponsor Amendment #1 filed by Senator Patrick O’Connor to S.2331 (formerly S.1155). This amendment would end the inhumane commercial sales of dogs and cats from puppy mills in Massachusetts. This means pet stores would no longer be able to:
- purchase dogs from puppy mills;
- have them shipped or trucked to Massachusetts;
- sell them to unsuspecting consumers.
Instead, pet stores would partner with rescues, shelters and humane societies to find homes for the thousands of dogs, cats, puppies and kittens that are in shelters and rescues in Massachusetts.
• The bill as written would require pet shops to obtain puppies and kittens from USDA-licensed facilities only – however, USDA standards allow for confining dogs to small wire-floored cages stacked on top of each other, no specific veterinary care requirements, no socialization or human contact requirements, and bedding only if the temperature drops below 50F. Despite this low bar, violations are constantly committed without penalty according to the USDA’s own Office of Inspector General.
• The USDA inspects puppy mills and used to make violations reports (including pictures) available to the public. In February of 2017 the USDA web site went dark. This means the pet stores selling pups cannot check violations, and neither can consumers. Prior to the USDA going dark, Mass Dept. of Agriculture records show pet stores purchase their puppies from filthy overcrowded facilities with a history of violations.
• Boston, Cambridge and Stoneham have all passed local ordinances against pet stores selling animals from puppy mills. Other cities and towns in the Commonwealth are considering similar ordinances. Many states have pending statewide bans on pet stores selling puppies from puppy mills, including Pennsylvania, Ohio, Connecticut, Maine, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Florida. California already passed a statewide bill.
I’m hoping you, as my elected official, will put forth best efforts to make Massachusetts a safe haven for all animals.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call me.
Thank you for your consideration.
First & Last Name ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
STUCK AT HOME? FUNNIEST DOGS in SNOW COMPILATION - Haven't seen better yet! Enjoy watching and LAUGH with us! www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvppaufeD3Q
And remember to keep your furry family members safe inside..... oh and don't forget your kids too!These dogs in snow are amazig! You will laugh out loud while watching this 🙂 Just look how all these dogs and puppies behave, play, fail, make funny sounds,... ... See MoreSee Less